Stay updated with the latest cybersecurity news!
July 13th, 2022
In This Edition:
- [News] Feds warn of North Korean ransomware threat to healthcare organizations: The joint advisory from CISA, the FBI and the Treasury Department warn of state-sponsored cybercriminals using Maui malware to target hospitals and public health agencies.
- [Event] FLGISA 2022 Annual Conference: The FLGISA 2022 Annual Conference will be held on July 25-28 at the Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, Florida. The conference is open to all Florida local government agency technology professionals.
- [News] Cybersecurity in the age of connected care: going beyond the firewall: Successfully mitigating cybersecurity risks takes more than just technology – it comes down to people, processes and partners
- [Blog] CMMC 2.0 Compliance – Why You Can’t Wait: Do you support the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) either directly as a contractor or indirectly as a subcontractor? If yes, you are required to comply with CMMC 2.0.
- [Content Offer] Get a Practical Guide to HIPAA Compliance: Why do you, as a doctor, dentist or any other medical provider, need to comply with HIPAA? This guide details the five steps to HIPAA Compliance.
North Korea-sponsored hackers have been targeting the healthcare and public health sector in the U.S. for more than a year, according to a July 6 alert from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, along with the FBI and the Department of the Treasury.
The FLGISA 2022 Annual Conference will be held on July 25-28 at the Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, Florida. The event committee is working on a dynamic agenda of topics with exciting speakers that will provide quality education for everyone. The conference is open to all Florida local government agency technology professionals.
Successfully mitigating cybersecurity risks takes more than just technology – it comes down to people, processes, and partners. The proliferation of connected health devices today has the potential to improve both the clinician experience and patient care while driving cost-saving efficiencies across a health system.
For nearly a year, Lisa J. Pino has served as Director of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR). Ten months in, she has steadily begun to refocus the healthcare industry on the importance of comprehensive cybersecurity.
This focus includes promoting annual risk assessments by healthcare organizations as well as adherence to other security and privacy requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Why do you, as a doctor, dentist, or any other medical provider, need to comply with HIPAA?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was enacted by the US government to ensure that doctors and other medical practices protect their data to prevent unauthorized persons and criminals from getting access to patients' confidential, private, and financial information.
24By7Security, Inc. is a full service Cybersecurity strategy, implementation, operations and training firm. We provide Cybersecurity and Compliance related services across all functions of the enterprise. Our Cybersecurity services include security risk assessments, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, social engineering testing, web application testing, policies and procedures, incident response management, forensics, cybersecurity awareness training, Virtual CISO Services, and more. Our Compliance services include CMMC Readiness, CFPB/DFA, FIPA, FERPA, SOC-SSAE 18, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, GDPR, ISO 27001, FFIEC, NIST-CSF, NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulations and others.